Parents and community members in numerous cities and towns are rising up to have their voices heard. No longer can good people stand silent and allow destructive agendas to overtake our communities. Here are some ways you can make a difference.
PARKWAY SCHOOL DISTRICT
- Opt Out. Ask some of these documented questions [email us for questions to ask at open house]
- Poke/Check. Check out the details of what is known and disclosed about the curriculum. Then ask more questions of your child’s health/PE teacher.
- Opt In. There are options beyond the school district’s PE classes. Click here for a way to replace the curriculum your child is receiving in school. Other choices available upon request.
- Read your child’s history textbook, find out what they are reading in English literature class. They are your children. You have a right to know. Email us for a list of books with concerning content.
YOUR SCHOOL DISTRICT
- Ask if your school has a GSA Club. For more background info, click here. Visit the club. Take notes. Take pictures. Is it family friendly? Does it encourage relationships with their parents? Click here and here and here to learn more about GSA clubs.
- Ask if the book It’s Perfect Normal is in the school library.
- Contact the Missouri School Board Association at 573-445-9920. Ask these questions provided by the NSBA to hold them accountable.
- Each school district has a representative from the teacher’s association. Make an appointment with them. Ask them where the teacher’s union stands on issues you care about. Be specific. Ask how they have protected teachers in the past who do not align themselves with the content they are teaching such as gender identity and gender neutral pronouns. Click here for an example of what teachers are being asked to teach.
TOOLKITS TO EMPOWER YOU & YOUR CHILDREN
- Focus on the Family: talking to your child about sex in the context of marriage
- Day of Silence, Day of Dialogue
- How to celebrate the historical significance of upcoming holidays